Work with us
CQID is central Queensland’s leading organisation committed to positive social change for Indigenous Australians.
Foster and Kinship Care – Recruitment , Training and Assessment Officer
- $95,000 plus super, plus salary sacrifice packaging.
- Full time contact
- Enquiries Michelle Leggett 07 49 200015
CQID is experiencing enormous organisational growth in the sector and is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Recruitment, Training and Assessment Officer.
This position will be based in Rockhampton and will also cover Emerald region.
The Recruitment, Training and Assessment Officer is responsible for growing the number of new foster and kinship carers to ensure the safety and successful placement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
The RTA works collaboratively with other members of the Foster and Kinship Care team to identity and deliver any training needs for Foster and Kinship Carers
CQID is one of the largest employers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Central Queensland region offering a broad range of service areas, with roles that serve our community across Rockhampton, Emerald, Longreach, Woorabinda, Gladstone, Bundaberg and Hervey Bay.
Closes 9 Aug 2023
- Develop and enhance recruitment strategies including advertising channels to increase the number of potential Foster and Kinship Carers.
- Targeted carer recruitment
- Deliver Child Safety Getting ready to start and advanced training in accordance with Departmental and CQID standards.
- Identify training needs to increase carers knowledge to assist in caring for children and young people who have experienced trauma.
- Assist with Foster and Kinship carer events.
- Conduct Initial Complex assessments for new for Foster and Kinship Carers and PAC’s.
- Manage all enquiries from new and potential Foster and Kinship Carers
- Build respectful and professional relationships with service users, agencies, partners, community, colleagues, and clients.
- Maintain accurate quality record keeping.
- Participate and contribute to the organisation’s compliance obligations under the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and Health Standards Quality Systems (HSQS)
- At all times work within CQID’s Workplace Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Intake and placement matching.
- Work weekends/nights as required for training purposes.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Manager.
What our CQID can offer you:
A culturally safe, friendly and supportive environment where employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance program
- Reward and recognition
- Professional development and opportunities
- 11% Superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Office Space
Send enquiries to Darrensolomons@cqid.com.au for a copy of the position description and application details.
Applications including cover letter, resume and maximum 2 page response to selection criteria can be forward to email@example.com
Applicants will be shortlisted as they are received. CQID have the right to close the positions as soon as a suitable candidate is found. So get your applications in as soon as possible.