Work with us
CQID is central Queensland’s leading organisation committed to positive social change for Indigenous Australians.
Manager Transitional / SILS
- SCHADS AWARD
- Full time contact
- Enquiries Darren Solomons 07 49 200015
CQID is experiencing enormous organisational growth in the sector and is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Residential / SILS House Manager .
This is an exciting new opportunity for the successful candidate to deliver high level standards of service and create a role that empowers and leads a team that is focused on providing an environment that is safe for clients, residents and staff.
You will be responsible for managing one 24hr residential and one SILS residence.
CQID is one of the largest employers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Central Queensland region offering a broad range of service areas, with roles that serve our community across Rockhampton, Emerald, Longreach, Woorabinda, Gladstone, Bundaberg and Hervey Bay.
Closes 9 Aug 2023
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Build a positive team environment by demonstration of best practice support of children and young people, proactive interpersonal skills and peer support.
- Monitor the changing needs of children and young people and provide information and contribute to the adaptation of CQID services as required to meet these needs.
- Participate and contribute to the organisation’s compliance obligations under the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and Human Services Quality Standards (HSQS)
- At all times work within CQID’s Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Ensure a reflective practice framework is evident through regular staff supervision at all levels within services and aligns individual efforts with organisational goals.
- Ensure staff training and development is prioritised in line with program requirements, individual aspirations and resources available.
- Ensure CQID expectations and requirements are clearly communicated to staff at all levels and reviewed through supervision, team meetings and appraisal systems.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with CQID policies and procedures.
- Ensure rosters are reviewed regularly to ensure efficiency is maximised and direct service provision is balanced against changing service user needs and available resources.
Undertake written and verbal communication including the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
What our CQID can offer you:
A culturally safe, friendly and supportive environment where employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance program
- Reward and recognition
- Professional development and opportunities
- 11% Superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Office Space
Send enquiries to Darrensolomons@cqid.com.au for a copy of the position description and application details.
Applications including cover letter, resume and maximum 2 page response to selection criteria can be forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be shortlisted as they are received. CQID have the right to close the positions as soon as a suitable candidate is found. So get your applications in as soon as possible.