Central Queensland Indigenous Development
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Foster and Kinship carers
We are here to support our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Foster and Kinship carers.
We are a licensed Aboriginal Foster and Kinship care agency with experienced and committed staff to help you.
Every single day that an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander child is part of a safe and culturally appropriate home is important.
We want all our kids to have good lives and we will do everything we can to help you, help them.
Being a carer through CQID
- Regular home visits and catch up yarns
- Advocacy and problem solving
- Mentoring and education
- Be part of our carer community
- Assistance with accessing services and appointments
- Assistance with family contact visits
- Ongoing personalised training opportunities
- Strengthen cultural bonds
- On call for emergencies
- Information and resources
- After hours phone support
- Social events for carers
- Support when meeting with the Dept Child Safety